Meditech Patient History Backup

I have a giant headache that no tylenol can help. We currently backup our patient medical records each day to a specified PC. It appears that if the patient history has had no recent activity, it does not download. Meditech users - How are you making sure that pertinent patient information is available when the computer is down? Thanks!

:cries::please:

We use MEDITECH 5.6.4. I download weekley the BLOOD TYPE/AB report. That gives me a complete blood type and antibody/marker/antigen history, overwriting previous info on the file saved the previous week. I usually put my begin date at 11/11/88 and end date today.

Hope that helps

I have a giant headache that no tylenol can help. We currently backup our patient medical records each day to a specified PC. It appears that if the patient history has had no recent activity, it does not download. Meditech users - How are you making sure that pertinent patient information is available when the computer is down? Thanks!

:cries::please:

I use the BBK History Backup Status routine to monitor patient history backup. We have it configured to back up to two different PCs in the Blood Bank. These PCs are always powered-on.

I use the BBK History Backup Status routine to monitor patient history backup. We have it configured to back up to two different PCs in the Blood Bank. These PCs are always powered-on.

I backup our files to my pc and upload it as a .txt doc to our lab portal on our intranet. That way it's on an offsite server and accessible from any network terminal by any authorized user.

We have several practicies that we do to make sure we have information available during a downtime (we actually just had a 2 hour unscheduled downtime today, and our measures we have in place worked great).

1) We download the MEDICAL RECORD CARDS for the previous 365 days to one dedicated PC. We override the report every day to include the last 365 days. Be sure that you call CSS to have your LIS Parameter changed to 365 days for the BBK HIST AUDIT LOG. You are only required to verify the history (blood type) within the previous year.

2) If we have any patient with a significant history (antibody, CMV Neg units required), we print one Medical Record Card for that patient, and keep it in a BBK History File notebook. We keep these history notebooks indefinitely. This way, we will still have the history available longer than 365 days.

3) We also have scheduled to print daily, the Final disposition list of all products from the previous day. We keep them by the month so if we needed to find a unit, we could. This is a fairly close record of unit disposition.

If you have not transfused a patient, and you are looking at their history, you will only see the blood type reported. You will not see any other "activity" from this record other than a transfusion or transfusion reaction workup result. You will not see the results of the specimens performed on this patient here. What do you mean by "recent" history?

We use the Meditech History Backup function to back up all our records onto a portable hard drive. This backs up any history modifications hourly, and the hard drive can be plugged into any PC or laptop during downtime, even during a power failure. I also check this at least every week because if the PC is powered down for any reason the backup cannot initiate and will stop after 300 tries (the highest setting possible).

We use the Meditech History Backup function to back up all our records onto a portable hard drive. This backs up any history modifications hourly, and the hard drive can be plugged into any PC or laptop during downtime, even during a power failure. I also check this at least every week because if the PC is powered down for any reason the backup cannot initiate and will stop after 300 tries (the highest setting possible).

My IT dept has the history backup running continuously (backing up continuously) to a web based file that is stored both on the local network and on a local PC (in case the network is down as well). It works great as you just need to type in the patient's name and up pops all the history

• 3 years later...