Mixed field HTLA?

Does anyone know of an "HTLA" antibody that gives mixed field reactions (besides Sda..urine inhibition did not work) (not Lub pt was still pos with Lub- cell) our reference lab got neg with LISS, but when i retested here it was still pos (maybe we use different manufacturers?!?)

thanks for your help, jane:cool::cool::cool: getting ready to go on vacation so don't get mad if i don't answer right away, i'll be fighting off moschitoes in the north woods of wisconsin:D:D:D

Any CR1-related antibody can cause apparent mixed-field reactions, as the CR1-related antigens deteriorate upon storage. So, if you have, for example, an anti-Kna, and you test with really fresh red cells, you get pretty good reactions, but if you use red cells that have been stored for a while (particularly in the liquid state), the antigens degenerate and you get far weaker reactions that can mimic mixed-field reactions.

Hope the mozzies don't eat you alive.

I'm going to Scotland for a fortnight in late July, early August, and am fearful of what the midges are going to do to my delicate and beautiful baby-like skin (and if you believe that last bit - you will believe anything!!!!!!!!!!!!).

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Edited by Malcolm Needs