Central Temperature/Alarm System

khalidm3

We have 10 refs and 6 deep freezers scattered in 3 room, two rooms are empty during off hours. We do not listen alarm in the working area during these hours.

We r planning to buy a centralized temperature monitoring with alarm, any one has experience for the best product?

Thanks

Hi khalidm3,

There are already forums on this site where you will get information re this matter, with information on a number of systems.

We use a REES Centron monitoring system. It is very relaible, and can work through wireless networks, or connect into an intranet for data transmission. It can be programmed in numerous ways to suit yourself. It will telephone when it goes outside set parameters, and you can check the status over the phone as well. We have the notification set to ring at main laboratory desk first, then the on-call mobile, and if after two tries it for some reason it does not get answered, it will contact the hospital switchboard, who will alert staff that there is a problem. For out of range events, you can free text in actions taken to correct. One major bugbear we find is that the transmitters are battery powered, and so if the (small) batteries run out of power, it will alarm and then requires follow-up (often at night).

It will close any compliance problems you have.

Good luck with it.

Cheers

Eoin

Dear Khalid,

We use TempTrak by Intelliware. We are very pleased with the performance. I am only the end-user. I cannot speak to the computer set up and installation or price. But the features are similar to what was described for the REES system. There are several helpful reports and graphs that can be reviewed. You can make comments in the system (even multiple comments) about each refrigerator/freezer when they alarm, or you can make comments unrelated to an alarm. When temperature is outside of acceptable range, you can program TempTrak to e-mail, page, or have a sound and a flashing pop-up on as many computer screens as you like. If no one responds within the time that you programmed, then it will continue to the next person/pager/screen that you programmed.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a presentation from a group called SensoTech which was done through their key distributor Gem Refrigerator. The system was very user friendly as well as no need for a lot of IT cost which I really don't have the budget for. Let me know if you want the contact name and number of the rep I talked to.

I have had a presentation from a group called SensoTech which was done through their key distributor Gem Refrigerator. The system was very user friendly as well as no need for a lot of IT cost which I really don't have the budget for. Let me know if you want the contact name and number of the rep I talked to.

Yes, Please

khalidm3@hotmail.com Thanks

Again, even on the new site, there is a lot of advertisement going on, to

promote a system, as in this post.

I can only say.

Try a system, before you buy a system.

Let your QA and IT department check the system, and then make the decision.

As always, the Rees system pops op as #1, because their sales people are very aggressive, and they still promote themselves as #1.

I have to admit. The Rees system is not bad, but, you have to keep in mind, that this company will tie you, with hands and feet, to stay with their support and service.

You should check the person that is involved in the purchase.

Bribe is not on-common.

Once you signed, there is no escape, and you need an expert to pull you away from the

" Rees " grip.

I do not want to mention any specific customers, but they had to deal with these

situations.

Another problem that still occurs, is the fact, that blood banks need to operate at the same standard as the pharmaceutical industry.

The pharmaceutical industry has a lot more money to throw out of the window then the blood banks.

The Pharm industry is not interested in quality, but only in a company that can cover their " ass".

To be compliant, bloodbanks have to pay, just because the pharm industry is willing to pay the bucks, to point the finger at somebody else.

Two different trades, with a complete different goal.

If you want to buy a monitoring system, consult an independent expert ( hard to find ), and take care, he is responsible for the audits.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...