isensix

EMB4879

Anybody out there use Isensix? We have had it inhouse for nearly 2 yrs, have yet to validate and use it since we keep getting little glitches about it (such as the network goes down, unannounced, date is lost??). I was not in the position I am in now, so I am pretty much on self training. Other areas in the hospital use it but within the Lab, but we all know blood banking is special. :D Please let me know of any concerns/disconcers/problems/headaches/work-arounds..etc. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info on this. I was looking at a couple systems and this was one of them. With the budget so tight I have to make sure that I have all my monitoring covered but didn't want to have a big IT charge. I am steering towards the Sensotech system that I had a webdemo on last month. No IT time needed after the set up and they had great pricing with maintenence included the first year while my staff and I learn what to do. Let me know if you want to talk to the rep I talked to.

• 4 months later...

We just installed Isensix. I think it will work pretty well for us. In my research I find that it is critical that a system be set up correctly to do what needs to be done in a way that works for the users in each area of the organization. Email notices of alarms to people that don't sit at a computer are not sufficient, for example. Isensix did require a bigger IT involvement than I had originally realized but with the web-based ones you may lose some control of the system and have to worry about network and internet downtimes. In the lab, I would look for a system that offers pop-up screens if the night techs share a computer rather than have individual log-ons. Having alert patterns based on each sensor rather than each user might also be more flexible. Also, having a different alert pattern for days vs nights/weekends would be good.