galileo neo

jalomahe

now that the Galileo Neo is FDA approved I was wondering if anyone has started looking at it? If so what platform are you currently running on and why are you looking at Neo. Also has anyone seen any comparison studies on it yet (compared to Provue Tango Galileo manual methods etc)? Just trying to keep up with the times.

We have a Galileo now for 5 years and will be looking to trade up to the Neo.

Neo runs the same Capture technology as Galileo, Echo, ABS, Rhosys, manual Capture.

Neo is basically a Galileo with several upgrades. Very high through-put, large batch analyzer. If you are running less than 150 BB specs /day, Neo is probably too much instrument for your lab.

• 3 months later...

I have used the Galileo at Barts & The London in the UK since 2003 and as Kate says the Neo is the mark 2 Galileo and I would also quite like to replace our Galileo's with the Neo. Yes they are large through put machines, we have 2 at The London and 1 at Barts, one of the key things for me is fact you can keep adding samples. You don't have to wait for a run to finish before adding more samples.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am the Clinical Diagnostics Editor for an online publication called SelectScience. I am gathering reviews for BloodBank analyzers so that other scientists can make informed choices when they are making purchasing decisions. We already have a couple of reviews for the Neo and Echo but I would be really interested to know how you all rate these, as well as any other systems that you may be using (e.g. Diamed Gel Stations, Pk7300 etc). If you get a chance please consider leaving a review at http://www.selectscience.net/clinical-diagnostics/product-reviews/ (you will be entered in our competition to win an amazon voucher!!). Many thanks, feel free to email me if you have any questions or comments at sonia@selectscience.net.

Sonia Nicholas