Hypo and Hyper- Tension Values

BLipkin

Hi all,

During a recent CMS inspection it was suggested that in our Transfusion Reaction Policies, that we assign values to Hypotension and Hypertension where they are listed as symptoms of a possible transfusion reaction.

Does anyone have values for these taht they are using? All of my sources simply state Hypotension and/or Hypertension. I guess another way to word it would be: how much of change in mmHg is considered significant in a transfusion recipient?

Thanks for your help,

Brian

Hi all,

During a recent CMS inspection it was suggested that in our Transfusion Reaction Policies, that we assign values to Hypotension and Hypertension where they are listed as symptoms of a possible transfusion reaction.

Does anyone have values for these taht they are using? All of my sources simply state Hypotension and/or Hypertension. I guess another way to word it would be: how much of change in mmHg is considered significant in a transfusion recipient?

Thanks for your help,

Brian

Seems to me that your inspector is off the mark.

It depends on the patient's idiosyncratic mmHg in the first place, and how much of a range your Pathologist wants to put on this; not what the inspector feels should be the range!

I just love these inspectors that come in and make comments like this.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: