SoftBank

A suggestion: When we were planning to replace our BB computer system, I was able to spend a whole day at another Transfusion Service (mostly hanging with a bench tech) to observe the computer system they had. It was a well-spent day. I felt like I saw a lot more of the pros and cons and true functionality of the system than you get from the 2 hour vendor demo. I highly recommend doing this for as many different BB systems that you can find. (It's also preferable to find the other sites yourself rather than the computer company lining up who they want you to visit.)

Thanks for replying. I'm in the early stage of building and at this point I'm just looking for some general advice. I'm sure I'll have more specific questions as I move along. We are moving from HCLL to SoftBank V25.

Anne--I would suggest you read Mabel Adams thread "Let's Change the Blood Bank World" concerning electronic ordering. Might I add that one of the most powerful but least used (understood) feature of ANY LIS system is the "rules" feature. Attend every seminar about writing rules that you can find.

I implemented Softbank system in 2004 and did the validation as well. The manual they provided was very helpful and their support staff are great and very efficient. I learn so much from them thru TMS and walking thru by phone. Feel free to ask if I could be of help. My work phone is 407-296-1136. I could help setting up ISBT too.