Hi from Steve Jeff

Steven Jeff

Hi to all

I am the pathology manager at a small hospital based in Kent, England providing pathology services to three hospitals - approx 120 beds.

I am multidisciplinary trained with an IBMS fellowship in Haematology, although I now have a special interest in blood transfusion. I registered with the BBT only 5 - 6 days ago having opened an old e-mail from Gill Mires hospital transfusion link based at Tooting Blood centre reccomending this site. The following day I was at the joint NEQAS BBTS meetiung in Birmingham, UK where Jenny White had the web-site on one of her power presentation slides.

During the last few days I have visited the site on many occassions and enjoyed reading many informative post's. I recognise that the site is very international, which adds to the interest, and am pleased to see the input of colleagues who I have met through the South Thames Blood Transfusion Science TAG, e.g. Malcolm Needs, Rashmi Rook, etc.

It looks a good forum to join in and have fun as well as learn an awful lot. Useful to me who is not as exposed to as many transfusion problems as many of you are.

Steve Jeff