Document Control

RR1

Just trying to find out how others perform document control . We currently use ipassport for our SOP's, but there are limitations with this system as it only accepts word documents.

How do you doc control all your internal forms, templates etc and external docs, so they are easily available to staff, current version and regularly reviewed?

Thanks!

Yes. We use QPulse5.

When we started to use this, I had all sorts of problems. Then I realised that this was not the fault of the computer programme;rather the fault lay nearer to home (I'm almost completely computer illiterate!).

The system is somewhat complicated when you first start, but actually, if you press the correct buttons on your keyboard, it works well. I found that the main complication though was the fact that the computer did what I told it to do, rather than what I actually wanted it to do. I find this an awful lot with computers; it's very annoying!

:cool:

Edited by Malcolm Needs

Morning Malcolm!- so do all your staff print worksheet templates etc directly off QPulse?- I can't do that with iPassport because it prints a load of waffle with it.

Yes-it's amazing what you can do by pressing the correct buttons on your keyboard....communicate / type / print.......ooops! I have just realised you are talking about Qpulse, not just a bog standard keyboard !!!-( thought you had just discovered what computers do).

Edited by RR1
teasing Malcolm.

Morning Malcolm!- so do all your staff print worksheet templates etc directly off QPulse?- I can't do that with iPassport because it prints a load of waffle with it.

What ** Old Thing!

Yes, except for those forms associated with Hematos (our work-related computer system).

Did I say that most of the forms we use are NOT waffle???????????????

Take the one where we record which pipette we use, in case there is a problem identified in two centuries time. Why, when we would see problems with our controls immediately, do we have this form? Because it keeps some jobsworth in a paid position (and, of course, the MHRA say we have to record these things, despite cogent arguements that it is so much faff - is that the word??????).

:sarcastic:sarcastic:sarcastic

• 4 months later...

My center uses Docushare. It works okay and files are stored as PDF files. Forms can be set to accept typed entries if desired. I've heard that some don't like it and that we are looking for something to replace it, but haven't had any trouble with it myself.

• 8 months later...