project

marion

Can anyone guide me to useful journals for my 3rd year project.Validation of the diamed gel station.

Thinking of giving an overview of transfusion history for critical review but unsure how to proceed into validation have got some validation documents but am struggling to find journal references.

thankyou so much to all who have helped me so far and any further directions gratefully received.Exams in 3 weeks and beginning to panic.:(

Hi Marion, the validation aspects have always been around, its just the tests and assessments staff had always performed prior to using equipment or processes were mainly in our heads or scraps of paper, rather than being formally documented in a structured way.

The Blood Safety and Quality Regulations Act (BSQR) , changed all this (2005) and we all needed to implement proper quality systems- you don't really need to read this document yet.

For your overview you could start with the usual transfusion history, improving safety, emergent diseases that affect blood donations, CJD - and difficulty in testing for this- and potential unknown effect this will have on the blood supply .

This would lead into the need for robust traceability of donations and then introduce the BSQR and how this ties in with 'quality'- which basically means doing things (testing, teaching, maintaining, checking,... everything)- in the best possible way. Validation is just one of these aspects- to ensure systems are 'fit for use'

This ALL leads up to improved patient safety and care.....which is what we are all trying to aim for.

Good luck with exams!

Edited by RR1

Hi Marion, email Malcolm- he always knows the refs for good articles. Also the National Blood Service website and their quarterly 'Blood Matters' magazine is usually very good- you should be able to find some in your lab- or give your NBS liaison officer a call.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Malcolm really sorry didnt get back to you got snowed under with revision for exams. Now finished and will send a letter asap. Now working to deadline for literature review so time has been at a minimum thanks so much for your offer of help did apologise for lack of communication to you but placed a ticket and not a thread my ineptitude im afraid

thanks again Malcolm will get letter to you asap