Billing for electronic crossmatch

bmarotto

That is what we are doing but we have a problem with outpatients if we do EXM on a day other than the sample collect date. The charge goes out with the billing acct # for the date of sample collection but the date of service is the date of the EXM. Our outpatients need a new billing number each day (ouch!). So the EXM charge rejects and I get an e-mail from billing and have to tell them to create a new billing account # for the date of the EXM charge or change the date of service to match the sample collect date. I wish they could allow the account number for Blood Bank span the three day dating of the specimen.

For our outpatient we have same problem for transfusion charge. if we do crossmatch today and patient comes back tomorrow we have to make sure that we charge for transfusion using today's account. basically for us sample collection, crossmatch and transfusion should be under same account. we can bill for blood products under tomorrow's account.

I am not talking about EXM here...