Echo vs. Provue

HS@maximgrp.com

Hello - I was hoping someone could provide me with some quick info and possibly some color on the Echo vs. ProVue debate. Specifically

1. For either system, do you have to use reagents specific to the system. Can you use a traditional reagent used for manual testing in each of these systems?

2. Which one has a smaller footprint/requires less space?

3. Keep reading mixed input regarding STAT testing and ability to interupt batches. Does any system have a clear advantage in this respect?

Any color on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

• 11 months later...

1. I don't know about the ProVue, but you must use the Immucor reagents with the Echo. A few of the Immucor reagents that are used on the Echo are the same reagents that can be used for tube testing (Anti-A, Anti-B, A1 and B Reverse Cells.)

2. I think they take up above the same space.

3. I think the Echo is more interruptable for STATs than the ProVue (especially since an Echo software upgrade that came out about in Spring 2009.)

The Echo is Stat friendlier. Samples can be added, tests ordered and the 'begin' button pressed at any time without halting testing or waiting for the analyzer to be ready for you to add samples or program tests. The new software upgrade allows the test to be started at the earliest opportunity comingled with other tests already in process.

The Provue must have approx 25" behind it for service access. The Echo needs about 12 -14" minimum. The Provue has a lid that opens upward, so if you have overhead cabinets, be aware of height. The Provue is also much heavier, if that matters to you.