Cerner Millenieum Users

we are using cerner millenium, our transfusion reactions have DTA' s for temperature, Blood pressure, ect. When we get to the section for signs and sympton: we open a template and choose ( X) the appropriate ones. The clerical section is the same. We open a template that basically says all paper work has been rechecked. We then type at the end of this "no clerical errors detected"

We are on Cerner ME, we have an orderable " Transfusion Reaction". It has 2 dta's, TX Reaction and MD Comments (medical Director)

We have created templates with all th einformation needed for each dta, e. for Tx Reaction we enter blood type, unit #, temp, etc...The tech will perform the test. The MD will enter his/her own comments and recommendations (also, a template may be inserted here.

The MD will verify the test when he/she are done.

I would like to know if someone can share their format for transfusion reaction workups. I don't think ours was built to capture all the required info. Also: what is the response when you do clericals. Do you say it is "okay "or "done".

Thanks,

We have an orderable called "Transfusion Reaction Workup" with DTAs that cover all the testing, inspection points for the initial workup and pathology notification steps. We also have a rule that orders our pathologist interpretation test for the formal report. I would suggest going back to the department policy and looking for "must be documented" items and those tests that have to be completed everytime. As for responses to clerical checks, we have a specific DTA to cover that item with choices of "acceptable" or "discrepant information noted".