Sterile tube welder

We have recently bought a new sterile tube welder from a new company. This particular company doesn't offer customers a sterile weld integrity kit. ( basically, it's a kit where you weld wet to wet tubing and dry to wet tubing. You send the welds to the company, who examines the weld strength and integrity) Should I be concerned about this? How am I going to test the integrity of the welds. We do examine the weld after each use, but our previous company detected the welds strength and integrity. Is checking the weld after each use enough?

thanks

stephanie

• 2 years later...

WHen we got our sterile docker, I did a validation which included suspending various weights from the tubing to determine the strength of the weld. I did not allow the weight to drop and jerk the weld as part of the validation, but I did suspend the weight from the tubing for a few minutes and then checked the weld visually and with a dry paper towel to detect any fluid leaks. Our routine operation only includes a check of the weld like everyone else has stated.

• 2 weeks later...