Digital camera info please!

lioness@50

I would like to purchase a digital camera for my daughter. She is going to England and Ireland to play soccer this July. I'll go as high as $250, but obviously more interested in getting a good camera that's easy to use with no fancy bells and whistles for the best price. I have learned more from reading every post since I have joined this exceptional site than I ever learned in a classroom, so come one guys, don't let me down! Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

My husband has a couple of digital cameras. His Olympus has too much red eye (which can be corrected but it bothers him). His older one is a Samsung and it took better pictures but it is larger than the new cameras. Tigerdirect has several cameras to offer at a good price. Here is the link

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=7.

I just use my camera phone when I go anywhere but the pictures are not always the best.

I have a Nikon Coolpix L3 that is tiny, takes great pics at 5.1 Megapixels, and takes video with voice of quality that is darned close to my $1200 digital movie camera. It cost right at $250. It has a feature that cuts out redeye, and it has "Face-priority autofocus".

BC

I currently have Kodak-easy to work with, takes great video, the battery charger is easy to use and the camera stays charged for quite some time. In addition, I also like the computer program that comes with the camera-it is easily workable. (stay away from minolta, pentax, and fuji...I've bought them all and they lasted less than 6 months!).

I had no idea that buying a camera would be like a trip down the cereal aisle!! Now, in MY day..well, let's not go there. But I do appreciate the responses and I have printed out each and every one to show my daughter. Thanks to all, and to anyone else you has had a good experience, feel free to repond.