i need help please

yaya

I would not write a separate procedure for Massive Transfusion. If you feel you need to address this I would include a section in the Massive Transfusion Procedure. I assume you would know what allo-antibodies are present at the time or could complete a work-up before the bleeding episode subsided. If a transfusion was life threatening I would transfuse emergency release units first and reserve antigen negative units when the bleeding episode was subsiding. Most of the incompatible RBC's would bleed out and you could replace the hematologic deficit with compatible units.

Rh Immunoglobulin: You should have a general policy for candidates who qualify. You should also have policies and procdures for pre-natal, post delivery, and invassive or traumatic conditions during pregnancy. A seperate policy for Rh negative recipients recieving Rh positive blood products (i.e., platelets). I would review the CAP checklist.

Hope this helps. MWL

thanks all ( donellda & mwlister ) that was really helpful

yes i mean emergency release during this situation.

but can any one explain for me or refer me regarding the process of recieving specimen from antinatal clinic for those with Rh negative and what is the system for follow up

Is the Clinic part of your healthcare setting? If the clinic is off site and is not a part your hospital I would require the patient to be registered by your hospital and specimens drawn by your staff. I would not take any specimens drawn by an outside facility for Rh eligibility studies or administration of Rho-Gam.

I hope I understood your question and this will help.

Thanks, MWL