Transfusion Reaction SOP

conwaysbb

I am revising our current transfusion reaction SOP to comply with CAP requirements and also to add information on working up a TRALI reaction, to include deferral requirements of implicated donors. Would appreciate any assistance you could provide. I don't neccessarily want to re-invent the wheel and yes I have some information from AABB and Canadian conference about TRALI, but even that information is vague or are awiting feedback.

You can contact me directly at conwaym@sjhmc.org. Our NJ state department of health is very interested in what protocols are being put into place to work up cases of suspected TRALI .

• 4 years later...
I am revising our current transfusion reaction SOP to comply with CAP requirements and also to add information on working up a TRALI reaction, to include deferral requirements of implicated donors. Would appreciate any assistance you could provide. I don't neccessarily want to re-invent the wheel and yes I have some information from AABB and Canadian conference about TRALI, but even that information is vague or are awiting feedback.

You can contact me directly at conwaym@sjhmc.org. Our NJ state department of health is very interested in what protocols are being put into place to work up cases of suspected TRALI .

AT the top of this site, you will find "References", go into Document Library, User Submitted, Educational Material and you will find a lecture written by my Consultant exactly on this subject.

:)