Provue interface validation plan

I've just completed building the dictionaries in Meditech 5.64 for our Provue interface and am testing using Meditech's validation guide. Meditech says we need a more specific validation. Anyone willing to share their validation plan?

Thanks!

Hi there,

By 'more specific' I'm taking it they mean more tailored to your laboratory and the types of requests you use e.g. fully group only, full group and screen etc.  At the bloodbank I work, we have recently validated the Ortho Autovue with our interface comprising Instrument Manager and CliniSys (LIMS).  Patient samples were used although samples could be simulated using donor units and different anti-sera.  At least one example of each blood group was included and a mixture of patients with positive and negative antibody screens.  In addition, patients with positive and negative DAT's were included, the overall aim being to cover all typical reactions that we may encounter.  The different types of test requests that we would be using were booked into the LIMS e.g. Full group and screen, abbreviated group and screen etc and the sample were then loaded onto the analyser.  We checked that the host-query function worked i.e. the analyser downloaded the test request and processed the correct test.  Finally we checked in LIMS that the results were downloaded correctly with reactions patterns, edit flags etc.  Any test, or combination of tests that we were likely to use on a daily basis were tested in the manner including antibody panels and cross-matches.

Not sure if this is any help to you but I thought I'd add my ten pence worth.

Regards

David