Annual Review

SBriggs

• 3 months later...

AABB Standard 6.1.4 says an 'authorized individual' should perform policy review. Does anyone have techs review procedures for completeness and/or clarity and have them make recommendations for change to the blood bank supervisor? Is this a permissable way to accomplish the review? I still have the medical director review policies and procedures biannually, but I thought it might be a good idea to have the folks that used the procedures review them.

• 2 weeks later...

TJC requires the BB medical director to review them every 2 years (other lab sections it can be a supervisor). If you are under AABB and not JC, I think they accept about any definition that you can reasonably associate with "every 2 years." @ Kirkaw: that sounds like a great idea. The biannual medical director review meets all the requirements and anything else is for your practical benefit, not necessary to meet regs.