modifed product--Aa baby syringe

• 2 months later...

The retype practice is in place to confirmlabeling, so once the mother bag is retyped you know it was labeled appropriatelyand would not need to type aliquots. Ofcourse, you do need to include the second check by a second person in the labelingprocess for the aliquots – a commonly overlooked AABB requirement in my experience.

The retype practice is in place to confirmlabeling, so once the mother bag is retyped you know it was labeled appropriatelyand would not need to type aliquots. Ofcourse, you do need to include the second check by a second person in the labelingprocess for the aliquots – a commonly overlooked AABB requirement in my experience.

However, how do you do this when you only have one blood bank tech working? sure another tech from a different department could verify, but do they really know what to look for?

However, how do you do this when you only have one blood bank tech working? sure another tech from a different department could verify, but do they really know what to look for?

I know it is difficult to find a successful wayto accomplish that when you have staff limitations but AABB BBTS standard5.1.3.1 (6) does apply, not to mention the FDA requirements on labeling as well. If you can find a way to use your computer system to confirm the labels,that is the easiest that the most straightforward to demonstrate as well. I've seen facilities that have used checklist to aid tech's or even nursing staff indoing a better second check of the labeling. Maybe some other folks have ideas that will help not only you but allthe other facilities that face this problem.