Looking for which centrifuge tests are Function as opposed to Serologic (tube fill and saline dispense)?

Barbarakym

I am getting tripped up in AABB terminology.

AABB Suggests Function tests for centrifuge be done every year.

Tube fill be be day of use

Saline fill volume be weekly.

At this moment we do Method 8.5 : (Calibrating a serologic centrifuge) 1 X year and after repairs or when we get one new. Can I assume this is a function test?

At this moment we do a variation of Method 8.6: (Testing Automatic Cell Washer) at the same interval. Is this also a function test? Though this tests how the tubes fill. Surely this involved procedure (as in the methods) is not expected to be done every day of use? I would think this is also a function test, but if so what are they saying needs to be done daily?

Weekly we have been doing the Volumn Dispense of the Cell Washer (50-55 CC). Is this what AABB considers Saline Fill Volume?

I started here last year and have now gotten around to these procedures to reveiw and re-write. Any input would be greatly appreciated as to what meets AABB standards in this area.

Thank you, Kym

Methods 8.5 and 8.6 are functional calibrations and should be done on receipt, after repairs, and periodically (at least annually). Tube fill would be putting tubes in all holders, allowing the automated washer to fill the tubes, pausing the cycle, and ensuring that the fill is even between the tubes and at the expected height on the tubes (which is also part of the calibration).