ProVue: running routines and review of QC

Megan Martinez

Hello, ProVue users ---- we are not yet live, but will be soon. We have 2 ProVues. Does anyone have suggestions for us re: how to maximize efficiency with minimal reagent waste? For example, do you start a run of routines on the hour/half hour, or when you have a certain number of specimens to load,or what?

Also -- how does everyone handle review of QC? I'd rather not print all that paper each day, but at least in the beginning that seems like the easiest way to 1) sign off on the QC, and 2) give the operators a quick way to ensure what lot numbers are in use & verified.

Thanks for your input!

I have been running out ProVue for over 4 years. QC is run in the am and printed for review. Most of the time, routine type and screens are held for one run at noon. Second shift usually waits until the medical office building closes and does another run. I have been known to run it continuously for 8 hours after each run goes into the centrifuge if we are very busy.

Dawn Arnett, BB Supervisor

We've been up on our PV almost 4 years and we still print the QC everyday. We run the QC on the night shift since sample volume is lower and the techs sign off that it has been reviewed.

We are not a huge BB but during the day we hold routines till we have 3 samples, then start a run. We found during validation that the analyzer was the most efficient when there were 5 or more routine samples put on in a batch.

We've been live with our ProVue for almost a year and a half and we run it continuously all day long. Evening and night shifts tend to wait until they have a batch (3 or more) then put them on. We run QC every morning and print it out for review. We also print out the results after each run since we are not interfaced yet and I'm running out of space for all that paper. Does anyone know if we have to keep all those print-outs after we've entered the results into our computer system?

• 2 months later...