trm. 42270

jding14

I'm working in a blood bank in Taiwan and reading English checklist(our second language) is quite a challenge to us. I got confused by Trm.42270.

I'm not sure when it says 'the placement of the venous access device', does it mean 'the needle' that we inject into patient' arm must make sure it's in place, or it means 'the tube' must be put in the place or it means something else?

One more unclear thing is: Is the 'venous access device' checking only apply to those therapeutic apheresis, or it also apply to those dialysis patients.

Thanks in advance.

Hello jding14,

That checklist item is referring only to therapeutic apheresis procedures, and it is referring to the needle (or catheter, or whatever the venous access device is.) It is saying that you need to make sure the device is properly in the vein before you start the procedure. (It does not have anything to do with dialysis patients.)