Opinion on antibody panel

Lekota40

I'm in agreement with the majority of replies. I would not feel comfortable calling this an autoantibody based on the two panels that were submitted. Without excluding anti-Fya and anti-C with certainty, I would suggest giving phenotypically matched blood until the suspect antibodies could be excluded- to be on the safe side. I also review antibody investigations and while I don't always agree with the interpretation, this study would require more work. An adsorption wouldn't be very high on my list of things to perform- mostly because of the negative cells using both LISS (gel) and PEG as enhancement. I would expect these agents to also enhance autoantibody reactivity which isn't proven to me given the presence of negative reactions.

We frequently see positive autocontrols using gel with a negative DAT.

Good luck being tactful - I sympathize since I suffer from a lack of filtering exactly what I'm thinking.