Hemo bioscience Poly Reagents

Hello,

Has anyone had experience with using the anti-S polyclonal reagent manufactured by Hemo bioscience. I am at a smaller hospital and looking to lower my reagent costs. Hemo bioscience offers polyclonal antisera for S,s,K,k, M, and Fya . The price for anti-S is much lower then Ortho or Immucor. I would be interested in any feedback from folks who are now using this anti-S reagent.

Thanks,

David Thomas

I don't have any experience with the poly Hemobioscience anti-S, but have found another option that is lower cost than Ortho and Immucor. We just started using the Biotest monoclonal anti-S. It's great - 5 minute room temp incubation. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Carol,

Thanks for the information. I have looked over the Biotest rare anti-sera package inserts and I am going to try the anti-S out. The smaller volume size and of course the lower price that goes with it looks like it could fit our application here well.

Thanks,

David

Biotest do not ship out of USA and Canada.

I have contacted Bioscience's local distributor and have brought it up to my supervisor. But it was dismissed as "there is no need to have one more panel on top of Immucor's and Diamed's".

Therefore, I am curious on the user reviews on Bioscience reagents. How's the realiabilty to you?