Quality Mgt Software

Deb

For those of you using (or having used) any of the commercial QA Management Software, what do you use.

Is anyone familiar with Q-Pulse?

Thanks for any info you can share!

Deb

Hi Deb,

We installed Q-Pulse just before I left my previous job. I think it's meant to take some training to adapt to your requirements, unlikely some other systems, but worth while in the long term for flexibility and security. I am sure there are many UK users ( I think the National Blood Service use it too).

Try getting the company to give you some user contacts in the U.S and U.K.

This is one system I am desperate to install in my place......unfortunately the folk here went for the easy to get up and running option instead.

A decent Q.M software will save you so much time once established.

Deb,

I work for a QMS software developer, want to be upfront about that. Our Company, The Harrington Group, has developed two network based systems that have had success in Blood Services Installations. We compare well with QPulse, which is a good system. There are really a number of good QMS available, and the best way to narrow down the vendors you might want to consider is to look at what "modules" come with the system, e.g. do you get the whole package when you buy or lease the system; what the support and training elements are so you know what you can expect after the sale; and does the vendor have expierence in this industry, e.g. references. You'll find that costs are somewhat similiar with various QMS vendors if you compare features and functions, so you should be able to find a goos system that works with your budget.

If you are looking for an 'integrated, multiple module/application" system you want to ensure your selected vendor's system offers all the features and functions you want as part of the initial installation.

Hope this helps

Hi Deb,

Rashmi is quite correct; the National Blood Service (NBS) or, more correctly, as we have changed our name, the National Health Service Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) does use QPulse5, and it is absolutely excellent.

The parts that I am allowed to use (!) involve Corrective Action Preventative Action (CAPA), Document Control and Equipment Log (which tells you when maintenance is due on any piece of equipment you care to put on the list).

I would agree with Rashmi that it would be worthwhile getting touch with the company, but, for an unbiased view, try contacting the Quality Department of any of the NHSBT Blood Centres. All their addresses can be found on the NHSBT website.

:)