Help!!!!

RR1

This would be a good area for anyone to request help with specific BSQR/ GMP requirements, or if you are looking for specific sops, powerpoint presentations, help of any sort. ......you need to ask- i'm sure most of us would be willing to share these.

So i'm going to ask.....does anyone have an sop / presentation for GMP training of cleaning staff or couriers they could share- we are all going to have to ensure this is performed - so it would be useful to have a consistant approach to it

If you are not registered with BBT but have some info- please feel free to email me, and I could attach to this site..or not, as you wish.

If no one really does have this- maybe we could collectively produce one on this thread, by giving ideas of what we need to include/ design etc.

Many thanks!:)

I would guess we are all struggling with gmp presenations

I am still waiting for the GMP e learning package to appear on the learnbloodtransfusion.org site which as you know is availlable in the uk

Perhaps one of their modules will be on couriers

I would contact the NBS they should be the experts on gmp for couriers

Suggestions please for more ways we could encourage staff around the UK to log on and participate in this forum.

It would be lovely to have more of our staff (especially the dedicated blood bank folk) log on, exchange ideas and learn in this way.

How can we improve awareness of this site and resources?

thanks

This is a really good site

I know you have publicised it on the IBMS site and it has been publicised in the North West of England

I have emailed all our depts staff

perhaps something in the BBTS newsletter along with other educational sites and the IBMS gazette itself for those who don't log on

:)

With reference to GMP training of couriers I would contact your local Blood Supplier as they are the ones who are moving blood around the most they will have this in place, In Scotland the SNBTS have even trained some Taxi Drivers so we only use them to avoid having to train up couriers ourselves,

Hope this helps

Dave McKenzie

Thanks Dave and Pluto for your replies. Regarding courier training, I had previously asked my local NBS for for 'golden rules' etc...but not really had a definitive response, I should have probably tried harder. Have since formatted my own version of some rules found and produced a presentation that has gone to some of our couriers and SLA hospitals that have there own transport. If anyones interested just email me- but i'm having difficulty uploading onto BBT.

I'm asking lots of questions to see what other folk have or don't have so we can really get better participation in sharing documents nationally. There seems to be a slight reluctance in the UK to do this-but if we can all begin to work together, trying to achieve the standards for the BSQR really shouldn't be this difficult.

Many labs and BBMs are suffering because they are not asking for help. To further encourage staff and advertise the BBT site it would be great if somebody was interested in writing an article for the IBMS gazette...any ideas on this?