Bacterial Proficiency Testing

If you are doing bacterial detection testing on platelets using Pall eBDS, how are you doing the proficiency testing. Those that used the CAP PT last year did not pick up the organism. If you did use CAP last year are you going to re-order this year or are you going to use alternate methods of PT?

Has CAP had an explanation to the problem?

Hi,

We subscribed to the CAP BDP and were one of the 9 that used the PALL eBDS and "failed".

PALL will offer you a discount on their PT program, but if you need to perform this survey as part of a CMS requirement and have already signed up with CP for 2009, I don't believe you can cancel.

We're going to have our micro department blindly spike (or not) some platelet samples and we'll present our results to them for evaluation. I think we'd do something similar if we did truly fail.

Are you a PALL customer? They should have sent you a letter.

Thanks Cliff - I did get the letter I was just trying to figure out what to do now that I had ordered the CAP PT rather than going with Pall. Did you re-order the CAP for this year or are you only doing your own inoculation?