Blood Product Invoices

donellda

How long are we required to keep blood product invoices from suppliers? I know that we have to keep indefinite records of visual inspections but most of this information is recorded electronically in our LIS system. I have boxes of old invoices collecting in my lab and if I don't have to keep all of them, I would be very happy.:D

As dictated by our network Finance people (who have more power than nurses at our place :-?) we keep billing invoices for 2 years. I don't know how they derived that number but I would think that if we ever needed an original for a billing audit 2 years would suffice.

Hello to all...not a regular poster, but was wondering if those of you who have been in the trenches validating your ECHOs would be interested in sharing some tips...like, the "I wish I had known/done..." types of things. We have the books, just finished training, and we did talk with our reps about freezing samples for parallel testing, screen dumping, etc. Just wondering if you found any "shoulda/woulda/coulda" moments during the process you might be willing to share having already been there/done that. Also, I know it won't always work, but just curious if anyone did try to spike samples with rgt antisera to make positive ABSCs for validation. :work:

Edited by davisco
wrong location...needed new thread