ProVue QC

jmphil4

It's entirely possible I've over thought this, but I'm in the middle of validating our ProVue and in setting up the QC I've run into a snag. The only requirement I've been told is that every well in the antibody screen needs to be positive. No requirements for the other areas of QC (except we need to develop a plan and follow it). We're using the AlbaQ-Chek for QC and from what I can see, in order to have all 3 wells positive (we're set up to do 3 cell screens) I'll need to run 2 positive controls. Has anyone else run into this? Any insight?

Thanks!!

jmphil4

We run PV QC and generate a positive and negative result for each card tested on the PV. Daily we QC: ABD/Reverse, ABD/ABD, IgG, buffered gel. We use a known AB pos and O neg pt for the ABD/Reverse and ABD/ABD cards. An A plasma with the 0.8% A and B cells for the buffered gel card and a home made sensitized and unsensitized cell with home made weak (2+) anti-D.

If you have questions about PV QC e-mail me at work: Mary_Mendel@ssmhc.com. We have been live on PV 3 years this May, have had minimal problems and if you set up the QC correctly you will save yourself tons fo time and possibly $$$.

We use old patient specimens for ProVue QC.

This is what the Ortho rep helped us set up.

#1 - O neg with anti D for positve antibody screen and group and Rh

#2 - O neg for our 'patient retype' which is the ABD card (negative results)

#3 - AB pos for negative Type and Screen

#4 - AB pos for our 'patient retype' which is the ABD card (positive results)

#5 - AB pos for for our Rh pos unit type and O pos unit type. (AB card & ABD card)

#6 - O pos with anti D added for a positve DAT

#7 - O pos for negative DAT, unit type and O pos unit type. (AB card & ABD card)

Thanks everyone for your help. It seems in trying to answer this question, I've only caused more questions to be asked here at my hospital, so there are more decisions to be made here before I can go any further with QC.

Again thanks for your help,

jmphil4

:)