Sterile connector/Heat sealer

Antrita

I'm here at Marian medical Center in Santa Maria CA. With our new patient tower we will have a NICU (a few years away, I might be retired by then).

I am trying to figure out what would be the best, best for the money, and don't ever buy this one. Any helpful hints will be apreciated.

Thanks

Antrita

As far as SCD's, you might want to look at how much you will be using it. For large volume use, I have always used the Terumo unit; it is a more expensive unit but it has definitely been proven to be a workhorse. For smaller volume use, I would (and am in the process of purchasing) the less expensive Genesis unit.

As far as heat sealers go, I have always used Sebra (both in transfusion services and blood centers). They have several different models to meet a variety of uses. They are also available through Genesis.

I have always used the Charter Med. syringes for neonatal and pediatric aliquots.

I have just started at a different facility and am in the process of modifying the practices here and am purchasing all of the products listed above. This is a process I've used in 2 different children's hospitals and several other facilities that have both adult and children populations.