Cerner Millennium Third party validations

I am seeking advice and input from Cerner Millennium users who have had third party validations performed. I would like to hear your stories..good or bad. We were very happy with the company that did our initial install validation however our IT department is forcing us to seek other bids.

Thanks! :disbelief

• 11 months later...

We didn't use a third party to validate our system. The IT department ran scripts for issuing every blood product on every blood type. And I used the validation information from Cerner to write a plan and spent about a month validating. It did take me about a month full time.

I have used S&P Consultants, Inc. two times and have been very pleased both times. I have been through one inpection cycle (AABB and CAP) and had no problems. Deb, Kim, and Peggy have been most helpful pointing our minor inconsistencies that pop-up in protions of the build outside of their current "scope".

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread but we are now in the same boat as Jody. Has anyone ever used Cerner for validation of their own system? I'm not sure how I feel about that and am interested in hearing what others think. We will be doing extensive unit testing ourselves but we want a third party for anything that may get overlooked.

Thanks in advance.