Divided unit labels..volume?

I am validating our vendor's ISBT label application. For a divided product, for example if we take product code E0382V00 and divide it to E0382VA0 and E0382VB0, should the divided product label have a place to record the volume of the division? Which is correct (or does it matter?)...

From 500 mL CP2D Whole Blood

___mL from 500 mL CP2D Whole Blood

Thanks. I feel like my brain is slowly being pureed. :confused:

Yes, I would think so. I just looked over the notes I took from a powerpoint on ISBT 128 at my local supplier and one of the examples showed a parent product of 300ml and separate aliquots labeled A-E each with 25mls in it. That also tells you what is left ( if at all in the parent component)

That is what I thought. I have let my vendor know and am waiting to hear back. My guess is a fix will have to wait to their next release. Luckily my blood center is not going to begin ISBT until sometime next year. If need be, we can handwrite the volume in if the next version is not ready in time.