can we explain a donor as low-globulin

Dear Shily

there are many reasons why someone may have weakened anti-A and/or anti-B; but if they had a real problem with their levels of immunoglobulins, they would have many other symptoms - like recurrent infections which would have come to light when they were young children; they surely would not be presenting as blood donors. I am not aware of any reason why it would be necessary to defer donors with weakened anti-A/anti-B antibodies, nor of any reason why they should be told that that is the case, or even that it should be noted, as I am not aware that this has any clinical significance at all. The only exception might be if the expected antibodies were completely absent, even after enhancement techniques, and you might want to send them for genotyping because you suspect a rare sub-group of the antigen. If you really think that a particular donor might have a problem with his immunoglobulin levels, it's easy enough to measure them

Hope this helps

Anna

Thanks, Anna.

Because English is not my mother language, I express my meaning not so exactly, I am sorry for that.

My meaning is if a person have reduced globulin, he/ she my have symptom that let him/her to feel not a healthy person. I think a person to donate blood will be self-feeling fine.

Yanxia

Thank you, Bob.

I read some papers these few days, and found this kind of situation:

It is IgM absence in the blood. Sorry I can't translate this kind of disease. The lacking of IgM only may

not influence the person's health, so some looks like normal.

Yanxia