New Employee documents

bevydawn

Whenever we hire a new tech, I keep a file with all the new techs work in blood bank such as their antibody panels, computer competencies, etc. There is also a blood bank orientation form that goes into their file with the lab director. My question is, does anyone else keep a file on their new employees as I do? If so, do you keep it indefinitely? And what if an employee quits? How long should their file be kept? I have been forced to empty out old filing cabinets and I am trying to decide what is worthy of being saved and what needs tossed. Thanks!

I do it the same way that you do. I keep all documents for 5 years after employment termination.

I recently was asked to produce training document on 6 employees by the FDA. Three of the randomly selected employees have been here more than 30 years.

We track and record all yearly competency ( by we I mean our QA dept.) by comp. like Mary. We do what I consider ALOT of competency training and documentation....but the FDA and AABB are always VERY complimentary of our QA's handling of this area.