ISBT and Hemocare

I've noticed I haven't heard from anyone who is currently using Hemocare as their blood banking system. Is there anyone who is currently using Hemocare? We are in the process of converting to HCLL, however, we will probably start implementing ISBT while still on Hemocare. It would be great to hear from someone who is dealing with Hemocare to bounce some ideas, tips, etc... off of.

Thanks

C

• 2 months later...

We are also in the process of implementing HCLL. Our go-live date has been pushed back a few times and is running into the ISBT go-live from our supplier. We had visions of not having HCLL ready and having to use Hemocare when ISBT products started arriving. Fortunately our supplier said they can send ISBT products with Codabar hangtags - just in case and for a short period. Our volume is not too large. We probably won't need it but it was a big relief.

Suzanne

• 4 weeks later...

We are also Hemocare going to HCLL but will need to go up with ISBT on Hemocare. I have the ISBT product conversion file maintenance done and I can scan in what ISBT label samples I have so far.

The next hurdle is to set up a label printer for the in-house labels we will need. Since Hemocare wont support ISBT label generation, I have a stand-alone PC running digitrax software but havent tested anything out yet.

Any other Hemocare users out there with advice?

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like we are in very similar situations. Our facility is currently waiting on the stand-alone program to arrive, and then we can start trying things out ourselves. It would be great to hear how things are going when you get started. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

I tried scanning an ISBT number in Hemocare in outside source entry, it scanned an equal sign in front of the number then I had to hit the enter key to move to the next entry. I'm using a LS1004 scanner. I'm thinking it might be the scanner, but would be open to any suggestions. We too are in the process of implementing to HCLL. Visit me when you visit cin. Thanks