Howdy

jvincent

I was born and raised in Iowa but moved to Galveston Island, Texas 30 years ago. Yep, was only going to stay a year for the SBB program but the sand, surf and sea captured me - besides, my husband didn't want to leave.

I have been a member of Blood Bank Talk since 2005 and for some reason just haven't posted. I am hoping to be more active in this forum. Janet :D

Janet didn't mention it, but she is the SBB school instructor for the University of Texas Medical Branch SBB school, and a fine person on top of all that. She may be from Iowa, but she got to Texas as soon as she could, and that is a good thing. As far as Galveston, I am what is called BOI (Born on the Island). I don't know if it is still true today, but being BOI used to mean special treatment by other BOI. Non-BOI may have to wait to be seated in a restaraunt, but BOI always went around them to the head of the line. Ah- those were the days!

BC

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Robert. I have been a member here for a while but just don't seem to find the time to get online. I didn't realize you were a BOI.... Wow. it is a small world. Galveston has changed lots. BOI still means something but you sure don't get anything for it - as far as I know. I love this area except for the heat! Hate the humidity. We would stay here forever if it wasn't for the huricanes. Can't be a senior citizen and worry about rebuilding after a storm. the evacuation is okay but the aftermath - just don't want to worry about that when I am 70 or 80!!! Good luck in the SBB program - I know you will do fantastic. Give me a call if you are in the area. Janet