Misys Blood Computer System

I will be working with a vendor to do our Misys validation. I will be writing all the computer procedures in the blood bank. I would like to get some tips or guidelines from anyone who've done the Misys validation. Also, what type of computer SOPs do we need to have. Thanks in advance.

• 2 years later...

When I wrote our computer SOPs, I wrote one for every function that the staff needed to do using the computer. (ie: A procedure for every type of test we do on patient, patient inquiry, blood product receipt, donor confirmation, antigen typing on donor units, donor unit inquiry, issuing packed cells, platelets, FFP Cryo, returning blood to inventory, morning chores & inventory reports, etc., just to name a few.) (Then I later wrote "Administrative" SOPs for the various management functions I had to do using the computer.)

If your computer company provides scripts for validation, that is super helpful to get you started and help you understand how to check (ie: validate) all the various functions that the computer can do (under a variety of circumstances.)