Centrifuge

bevydawn

I just wonder if anyone else out there using the Clay Adams Sero-Fuge 2000 series has trouble with the lids breaking off? It's actually the black plastic part that holds the lid to the centrifuge that breaks. We have had 2 break in the past 1 1/2 yrs and the 2 we are currently using are both on the verge. Are we just that rough on them?? It's very frustrating especially when we are down to one and everyone is trying to share the same cetrifuge. Just thought maybe someone knew some way to baby them so they won't break so easily.

We've had 2 Clay Adams (used for sample centrifugation though they were bought for serologicaly testing). We've owned them 4-5 years and had to replace the part you speak of on one of them about a year ago. The first replacement didn't even last a few days. I haven't noticed breakage again on the replacement or the original one, but to be honest I haven't really looked.....I'll check tommorrow :)

• 2 weeks later...

At a facility where I used to work we had issues with both of theirs. The parts were replaced and they were fine afterwards. It was some sort of mechanism that made the lid stay locked shut. We have one of them at our facility and have not had a problem. It is newer (about 2 years old) so perhaps the problem has been solved by the company.