Alarm Checks on New Freezer

lawblood

I recently purchased a REVCO Plasma Freezer. It has a nifty alarm check by which the sensor itself (not the whole freezer) is warmed to the cutoff temp to check the alarm. Any thoughts about if I can use this method to test my alarm instead of the "leave the freezer door open until the alarm goes off" method?

Thanks in advance for the forthcoming opinions!

Leslie

I don't think you want to be using a method that requires you to change the temperature of the entire unit. What we have done is validated the electronic method by comparing it to our current alarm check method. For a freezer with the sensor integrated into the wall, we use a heel warmer taped to the sensor location (with the door shut) to make the alarm sound. I hope that helps!

• 1 month later...

For our revco freezer we take the container holding the probe out of the freezer (door will close OK on the probe wires) and set it off that way without leaving the door open. Otherwise (door open) it would drop to unacceptable temperature levels for the products.