RhIg Trade Name Rhophylac

mrhelton

I have just received some information on an RhIg product manufactured by ZLB Bioplasma AG and distributed by ZLB Bioplasma Inc. in PA. The trade name of the product is Rhophylac. Our pharmacy uses products distributed by ZLB - the price on this RhIg is great compared to our current vendor thanks to the quantity of other products that pharmacy purchases. Has anyone had any experience with this product? If so, I would appreciate your input. Thanks in advance.

My e-mail address is heltonr@jackson.org

We have been using Rhophylac for a short time (about 2 months), the derivative appears to be equal or better than the BayRho D we were using, administration can be IM or IV, and we were offered a more reasonable price than on orders of Rhogam or BayRho D . Our OB physicians requested the product, they liked the idea of IV or IM administration from the same product. The IV administration appears to give quicker coverage for the patient.

This new product can be used both IV or IM, whereas RhoGam and BayRho can only be used IM, and WinRho, which can be used IV is very expensive. Rhophylac is therefore a very attractive product. However it has not yet received FDA clearance for use in ITP patients. We are planning on converting to Rhophylac to replace both RhoGam and WinRho as soon as this FDA clearance comes through.

We also recently switched to Rhophylac from BayRho-D. The price is much more attractive than BayRho-D or RhoGam, can be given IM or IV, And the needle safety guard was better than BayRho-D being very similiar to needle safety device used by nurses in this facility.

I was required to get approval from the Director of OB/GYN after getting approval from my Medical Director. This was done very quickly. We have not had any problems since we swithed over 3 months ago.

I it is also my opinion that more hopsitals are willing to convert from RhoGam due to the recall of RhoGam a while back.

We are blood center that is a distributor of this product. We have been distributing to our hospitals and health departments for over a year and have not received any negative comments from our customers.

The proposal to change from RhoGam to Rhophylac is going before our OB/Gyn doctors at their next meeting. I'm going to print out all these answers and include them with the proposal. I'd like to hear from someone with some long term use. The hospital using it for a year was a really good endorsement.

• 9 months later...

The proposal to change from RhoGam to Rhophylac is going before our OB/Gyn doctors at their next meeting. I'm going to print out all these answers and include them with the proposal. I'd like to hear from someone with some long term use. The hospital using it for a year was a really good endorsement.

We have also used this product for a period of approximately one year. We like the fact that it can be used either IV or IM. The Nurses like this feature also. I do not have to worry about outdating WinRho, a problem in the past.

We are planning on converting to Rhophylac to replace both RhoGam and WinRho as soon as this FDA clearance comes through.

Has the the manufacturer given any indication as to when FDA clearance for treatment of ITP is expected? I couldn't fnd anything on their website.

• 3 years later...

On another posting here I have been hearing about problems to the patients when more than one vial of Rhophylac is given when the patient has a large fetal blood. Do you about any thing like this happening? We were given no input as to a change from Rhogam to Rhophylac and are concerned that this change should not have happened without further input. Thanks for your help.