Sunquest XM Grids

I need help from anyone that has Sunquest.  Our system was set-up in the 90's and our crossmatch grids still have IS, 37, AHG, and CC reactions required.  It is set-up to enter Not Done - ND for the phases not tested. Billing has never been set-up for crossmatches and I am currently trying to figure out how to charge for IS vs. IGG crossmatches.  Anyone have suggestions on how to bill per phase entered or how to split these out into only an IS phase being required and then a separate test being entered for the 37, AHG, and CC reactions if needed?

Our LIS person does not think that I can separate these out into an IS crossmatch test and a Coombs Crossmatch test separately.  I know I have seen this done at other facilities.  Thanks if advance for any help.

When we switched to Gel methodology we changed our XM grids.  For all patients, only the IS XM grid populates our TYSC orders.  If the patient requires a Gel XM or XM by another method (PeG, LISS, PW, etc.), then we add the additional grids, which also have the IS phase.  Therefore, we have to result the original IS XM grid with 'CE' or 'IE' for compatible/incompatible by enhancement.  May not be the best way, but it works for us. 

You can charge separately for each of the phases.  Unfortunately, I do not do the maintenance in SQ but I can give you a contact for one of our LIS people if you would like.  I do know that for patients that only require the IS XM, the charges are based on the number of units that we put into the UO field.  If the tech does the IS XM but does not update the UO field, no charges go across.  But once that field is updated, the charges drop.  When we add the other crossmatch grids, the system is set to charge based on the phases performed.  For instance, our Gel XM grid has an IS phase and AHG phase.  When both are resulted, charges drop for CPT 86920 (Compatibility, IS) and CPT 86922 (Compatibility, AHG).  If we were to do a LISS XM, then a charge would also drop for the 37C phase. 

It took some time to set-up and validate everything, but it is much nicer than having to complete the full grids. 

Lisa A.