Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, I have biomedical engineering background, I live in Saudi Arabia and I think to study blood banking in US.

What's your recommendation? Which institute/university do you recommend?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Ahmed Yousef

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


To work in a blood bank in a clinical setting in the US, you will need a degree as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (4 year) or as a Medical Laboratory Technician (2 year).  The University of Kansas has a nice summary of what that means here:


Many colleges and universities offer Medical Technology programs.  Here is one source:


Medical Scientists are in short supply here in the US, and will be for some years to come!  It's a good area to go into if you are interested in this stuff!

Regards, Scott

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Advertisement


Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.