Moving to Sunquest BB moule

Does anyone have recent experience with Sunquest GUI BB module?   We’re heading in that direction (like it or not) and I’m concerned with the sales support, or lack thereof, in getting some of my questions answered.   I’d love to get some recent feedback from users.

Thank you.

I have several but my biggest issue right now is that I need to know if alpha/numerical MRN (patient IDs) can be data converted from my current BB LIS into SQ BB GUI when that time comes.     

We no longer use alpha/numerical MRNs, but several historical records have this type of MRN and include important transfusion data that needs to be retained.

If this can be done, then my next question is:  If/when a patient with a historical alpha/numerical MRN comes back and is registered with a new MRN, will we be able to merge these records?

Any insight here is appreciated.

The conversion ($$$ - have you inquired of your old system - I assume it is not Sunquest - how much a conversion will cost?) from your old system will put the patients into an Archive file. If the patients have the same MRN in the old system as the new system the archive file will appear in BOP, BAD. It will NOT put antibodies, antigens, etc, into the BAD file. If the MRNs are different the techs will have to do a history search in BB Admin Archive Inquiry. Then if the patient has antibodies etc they will have to enter into the current BAD file. Send me a private message and we can talk.