Sunquest Unit Lable Printer

Sunquest users....

We are currently using PrintTek 850 printers to print the crossmatched unit labels. They are big and noisy and I'd really like to get rid of them.

I was wondering if anyone has found any other printers to use for this SQ function? Ideally I would love a ribbonless printer like we use to print specimen labels because I would eventually like to add the patient id barcode to the labe but I've been told by our LIS manager that the unit labels/label printer are "special" and thats why we're stuck with the PrintTek:confused: or I'm wondering if its just about $$ which comes out of the LIS budget.

We are preparing to upgrade to SQ v7.1 so maybe there's more/better options for this version?

Thanks

Jan

• 3 weeks later...

We are also currently using a PrintTek. It started having a lot of problems with jamming, the print not matching with preprinted forms and our back up is in use in another building. We are moving to using a normal laser printer. The form has been a pain to design. We have not even tried to put it in the test system yet (it has yet to be approved by medical records).

The patient ID barcode and Unit barcode (along with two others I can't remember) can be printed on a unit tag.

You CAN switch to a laser printer but expect to spend a lot of time getting it into Sunquest correctly.

sherri

Edited by smagner
used wrong word:)