Traceability using Meditech

jjnazareth

Hi

I need some info on the sample number used in your blood bank specimens, do you use the barcode number generated from the Meditech or the specimen number with a prefix. I have an issue with Meditech since it stores the barcode for only two years i believe and if the same is used for sample identification in the analyzer then i wont be able to search for the results as i do not have the Barcode number. i think there is an issue with Traceability of results and would like to get the opinion as as many people as possible. In few words if you could say what analyzer you are using and how it is linked to the interface and whether you use the barcode number generated from the Meditech or the sample number using BB as prefix. I am writing up an abstract for a conference about the traceability so please input your thoughts.Thanks in advance

Regards,

Jeby:confused:

To maintain your traceability, you can create an NPR report that will match the barcode number, specimen number, and patient demographics. You can set it up to automatically run the report and store it as a txt file at any interval you desire. If you need the info, a txt file can be opened in any spreadsheet software or as a general txt file in wordpad. I did that at previous employer for a urine strip reader and it worked great.

To maintain your traceability, you can create an NPR report that will match the barcode number, specimen number, and patient demographics. You can set it up to automatically run the report and store it as a txt file at any interval you desire. If you need the info, a txt file can be opened in any spreadsheet software or as a general txt file in wordpad. I did that at previous employer for a urine strip reader and it worked great.

Hi

can you explain say if i want to search for a particular result do i need to open the text file to search?

Regards,

Jeby