Proficiency Testing

khalidm3

Hi Mohammad - I'm not sure if this is what you're asking for, but many labs in the USA purchase proficiency surveys from the College of American Pathologists (CAP). Here is a link to the website for the proficiency surveys that they offer. What people purchase depends on the scope of their services. We don't draw donors or make blood components in our lab, so we do the Transfusion Medicine (survey J), Direct Antiglobulin Test (survey DAT), Elution, Antibody (survey ELU) and Antibody Titer (survey ABT2).

http://www.cap.org/apps/docs/proficiency_testing/2011_surveys_catalog.pdf

Thanks Dr.

I have wrote our proficiency testing policy and I need knowledge and reference to code in the policy, Our policy format has a mandatory column for reference. We take part in DiaMed (BioRad) Basic and advance surveys those cover transfusion lab completely. For donors Hb and TTD screening tests we perform split sample with our lab's Hematology and Virology departments.

I need a reference for this and make it sure what we do is correct.