ECHO Cor QC Problems

Sherry Quintey

We have been having a problem with Cor QC on the ECHO (lot # 236117). QC tube #2 wich is B Negative comes up as 1+ on D4 and negative on D5. QC becomes invalid. We changed the D4 vial incase it was contaminated, could not change D4 lot because we only had 1 lot. We called Immucor several times. We were told that only 1 other hospital had reported a problem with this lot. They finally sent us a new lot of Cor QC. It worked fine! Has anyone else had an issue with the Cor QC and invalid types?

We have not had any problems with the ABO/Rh testing with the COR QC, but we are having a problem of the Antibody Screen QC frequently failing because one or more of the QC samples are giving questionable (?) results. Immucor only suggestion was to clean the washer manifold, which we have done twice in the last 2 weeks, but the problem still continues.

Donna

Immucor might not like me saying this, but when we were having trouble with weak Anti-D reactions both in QC and patients, we eventually got a new camera. It solved our problems.

We recently had ? results in the Antibody screen of QC when the result was supposed to be negative. This seemed to happen as the QC was getting close to expiration. I also noticed the screen reactions seemed a little fuzzy when observing the strip. Immucor suggested that we wash out the manifold but we also (with the help of tech support) refocused the camera image. I'm crossing my fingers that this will have solved the problem. Will find out this month when our QC gets old.