Customer Service

stu

Hi all:

I have been given a new responsibility...... The out patient blood drawing area. One of the things I want/need to do is customer service survey. Does anyone have one they could share?

Thanks

Stu Rosenhaus

Brooklyn, NY

Our hospital uses Press-Gainy surveys throughout the outpatient product lineup. It allows comparison and benchmarking with other hospitals regionally and nationally. The QI process focuses on different aspects of this survey each year as part of the indicators we monitor and try to improve the performance results.

We also use Press-Ganey but you could do your own inhouse survey just to give you a snapshot of where you currently stand.

Make it 3-5 questions with 4 or 5 choices for answers ranging from great to not so great. Put it on a 3 x 5 card with your institution's logo and ask them to complete it before they leave.

Ask about registration time, wait time, professionalism of phlebotomist, waiting room conditions, whatever you think applies to your situation. Maybe have one of your repeater patients help you with the questions.

It is alway a good idea to get the voice of your customer when you want to improve things.

I had this area at one time, I wish you the best of luck in this endeavor.

Thanks: I am looking for something I can do in-house and a little less formal. The Hospital does the lab and blood draw as part of their overall plan, I am looking to justify our staffing that the patients are happy with our wait times and overall service.

As a frequent user of outpatient labs and a med tech, I've had to make sure that the phlebotomist checked my identity and labeled my tubes before I left the area. So I hope you include questions about these issues. I also hate to fill out surveys in the presence of the phlebotomist. Maybe a box at the exit to collect the questionnaires?