receipt of reagents

pluto

Hi

Need to write procedure for batch acceptance of reagents

Was going to include condition on receipt ie box not upside down ,intact , no leaks , 10 ordered 10 recd etc

Testing of reagents themselves

red cell antibody screening cells - against known antibodies and previously tested negative samples

ABO rgts -ABO / RHD samples retested

am I on correct lines

regards

pluto - I think your first 3 lines sound fine. I would also document that they were received shipped at the proper/acceptable temperature, as well as the reagents' Lot #, expiration date, and who received them. We keep the testing records on the reagents in our "Reagent Quality Control" manual (rather than in our Reagent Receipt Log.)

Donna

We have a receipt log sheet for each reagent that specifies the incoming acceptance criteria for the reagent at the top, followed by the "prior to use" QC that is required. Our in-use and new lots are segregated on different shelves.

I also record when ordered, when received, and when activated, along with the required information that is listed at the top of the sheet, such as insert checks, visual verifications, QC performed, acceptance (Y/N), and a comment section for quarantines. All historical information about the reagent is on the same sheet.

Each type of reagent will have different acceptance criteria, QC, etc -- there is no remembering by the techs -- they just have to read what's written on the sheet.

There is no defined criteria for reagents, other than running QC before use. You have to decide on whatever makes you sleep at night ...

We use an electronic system to log all our incoming reagents. The good thing about it is that it is also used by the other labs (biochem/micro etc) and on other sites within our trust so that we are all singing off the same hymn sheet so to speak. It also means we can transfer things around our different sites. It makes labels for each item as well that carries all the info CPA/MHRA etc seem to require.

Not sure if I am allowed to post links on here so I won't!! but if you search for 'pathology stockcheck software' I should think you'll find it :)

hope this helps